Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Army Experience

It's Chinese New Year again and that means book out time.
It's the time that I always look forward to.

A time to relax.
A time to chill.
A time away from army life.
A time back to family, friends and loved ones.
A time to talk, laugh and catch up.
A time to go out, hang around and have fun.

The past few weeks have flown past.
Things seem to have zoomed past.
Change has occurred.
Losing touch.
Drifting apart.
Communication gets lesser.
Relationships seem further.
Friends looks like strangers.

Yet, it's time like this when I learn so much.
I realised the importance of my family.
I learn to appreciate the people around me.
I want to spend time with my family.
They mean so much to me.
It's time to start treasuring them more.
It's time to spend more time with them.

Time management is vital.
Balancing it with different people sometimes seem hard.
But thank God for everything.
Friends who stood by me.
I want to spend more time with each of you.
Well, you get to see who's there and who's not.
Sometimes it takes two to clap.

Well, I guess two things I've learnt in camp is to trust and thank God.

Trusting in God is the sweetest thing I've learnt.
Learning to depend on Him to see me through everything is pure joy.
Reading His Word and hearing Him speak gives me rest.
Praying and committing things to Him keeps me in perfect peace.
I can see God in everything that happens.
God, show me your majesty and glory.

'Thank you' is something we often take for granted.
'Thank You God' is hardly heard.
When good things come, we think we did it.
When bad things happen, we blame God.
We are a bunch of ungrateful, unthankful people.
But I've learnt that we should thank God for all that comes our way.
There's just so much to thank God for.

Start thanking God and you will be a happier person.


My God is real
And to me it's a big deal

To see Him revealed in creation
To know His promises through revelation

Allows me to see His majesty
And His glory
And His power


Poem about army life

Each day in camp
Doing 5bx, IPPT or SOC
Running, pulling, and jumping off ramp
Your hand I can see

I shall continue the next time when I get more inspiration. :)

No comments: