Sunday, February 1, 2009

Made to praise

Thank God for using Ian today to share this powerful message with the children. I was there and I thank God for the truths communicated in this sermon.

'I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.' (Psalm 139:14)


No matter how imperfect I am, I am specially made by God. I am fearfully, which means made with great respect and carefully, made. I am wonderfully, which means full of wonder, made.

Each person in this world is fearfully and wonderfully made by God. May I respect the people whom I come into contact with. May I stand in awe and wonder whenever I fix my eyes upon others, knowing that God made them.

'So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.' (Genesis 1:27)


I am made in God's image so I must reflect God.
Have I been reflecting Him in my life?

'This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.' (Psalm 102:18)


We are made to praise Him. I really want to praise You.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Marcus,

I don't know you and have mysteriously ended up on your blog but felt compelled to leave you a comment. Your words have touched my heart tonight more than you could know. Thank you for putting your heart out there for a stranger like me to read and for shining God's light so honestly and passionately.

Blessings.

Lisa