Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Being a coach...

Coaching hasn't been easy for me so far. There are struggles and challenges that I face while coaching this team. There are times when I make mistakes, there are times when I hurt people feelings, there are times when I don't know what to do, there are times when I am confused.

Even as the league draws near, I get a little afraid yet excited at the same time. Afraid that I may not know what to do, fearful of what may happen in the future. Yet, at the same time, I'm excited with the fact that we are starting to play in the league soon.

How far do I want to go? I want to go all the way. I want this team to play so well that we would get the position that we deserve. After all the trainings, after all the sweat, after all that we've been through, I want the team to get something that they would remember.

It's not the end result, it's not about the position, it's not about the trophy, it's really about the process, about the game, but I do think they deserve a nice reward. Most of these players have stuck with me the whole way, now it's my turn to do the same for them. I want to be able to support and encourage them as they play each match. I want them to rise above their potential and become great floorball players.

At the end of this season, when they look back, what I want them to remember is the team and people that they have trained and played together with. I want them to have pleasant and great memories about this team. I want this team to be united always, no matter what happens in the future.

Would I coach again next year after all the setbacks and discouragements? Sometimes I find myself asking this question. There are times when I feel like throwing in the towel, but

No comments: