Sunday, January 6, 2008

Countdown to Army


I'm going to the army on Wednesday. Many have asked me this question, 'So Marcus, are you ready?' Well, I guess it will be a new experience. Maybe it's going to be a challenging time. Well, as Ian and some others have shared, devotions will be the first to go. But, by the grace of God, I'll pull through.

I know He will sustain me through this whole army experience. I know He will protect me through everything. I know He will comfort me during times of trouble and discouragement. I know He will be there for me when I'm alone. I know God will never leave nor forsake me.

My prayer is that I'll never drift away from God but that I'll draw closer to Him. I pray that I will be a shining light in the army and that God will use me to reach my bunk-mates, army mates for His glory. I pray that I will not fall into sin or temptations but that my focus will be on God.

My life verse:
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

In times of weariness and tiredness:
Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

In times of loneliness:
For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' (Hebrews 13:5)

In times of need:
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

In times of discouragement:
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

In times of faithlessness:
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

In times of not wanting to read God's Word:
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither, and whatever he does shall prosper. (Psalm 1:2-3)

In times of lack of love:
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. (Hebrews 13:4-8)

In times of prayerlessness:
Unless the Lord builds the house, they labour in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. (Psalm 127:1)

No comments: