Thursday, November 15, 2007

James 1:5


The power of God's Word!

I was just reading James 1:5-8 today. One of my purpose was to find a verse that I could blog about. As I read those few verses, I decided to blog about James 1:5. I understood the verse from an intellectual point of view, kind of like head knowledge.

Now, here I am blogging this verse after understanding it not just intellectually, but experientially. Chemistry Paper 1 is tomorrow. And as I did some revision today, there were quite a number of stuff that I do not know and I got a little nervous and scared. I tried to ask people for help and stuff, but none could actually help me. It never crossed my mind that I could turn to God.

Until, I decided to take a break from studying and blog. At this moment, I realised that I was blogging about James 1:5 and I read the verse. And I saw the light!

God was reminding me that I could turn to Him, I could ask Him for wisdom. At that moment, I uttered a quick prayer. I'm amazed at how God can use verses to remind and encourage us.

Praise the Lord! After turning to God, one of my friend said that he can help me tomorrow.

I'm totally rebuked. It seems as though, God is saying, 'Marcus, remember... Seek Me first!'

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

What is wisdom?
Wisdom is Christian enlightenment, godly principles and knowledge.

Who has wisdom?
God!

How to get wisdom?
Ask God! Through prayer or through the reading of His Word.

If I ask, will I get wisdom?
God says yes! He will give to all liberally and without reproach. Liberally means that God gives freely. Without reproach assures us that God gives without reminding us of our unworthiness.

No comments: