Wednesday, August 20, 2008

After two weeks

I'm back after two weeks in camp. Well, I must say that these two weeks have been physically and mentally challenging, but now that it is over, I'm so thankful. Well, I'm thankful for my posting. The people are good, the shift is good as well. I hope things will remain this way.

However, I'm so afraid I will fall spiritually. I don't know how I'm going to stand up against the giants of sin and flesh. In a place saturated with sin, I'm afraid I will fall. I don't know if I have the courage to stand strong in my faith.

I know myself, I am weak. I'm so afraid that in a moment of weakness, I will fall into sin and lose my Christian witness. I'm fearful that in a moment of folly, I will be trapped by sin.

I'm bombarded by sinful and wicked things that corrupt my ears and eyes. I'm so afraid that because I keep seeing and hearing them over and over again, that I will grow immune to them and start to accept sins into my life.

There's a saying that goes, 'Give Satan an inch and he will become the ruler of your life.' What if I give him an inch in my life? Will he rule and control my life?

Lord, I need You. I can't take my mind of You one second. Lord, help me focus on You.

No comments: