Friday, August 1, 2008

Uth Worship - Preaching


Today's message was powerful! It spoke to me. I thank God for using His words to speak to my harden and proud heart.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

This two verses really serve as a STRONG REMINDER to myself that my preaching must not be in the flesh, in my own eloquence, in my own strength or ability, but by the power of the Holy Spirit in my life.

So often, I like to depend on myself rather than God to preach. I like to think that I can do it in my own strength. I can prepare by myself. I can preach and it's not a problem because I have done it before.
But this is a wake up call that even Paul acknowledge his weakness and inability, who am I that I should be better than this great man of God.

May God give me a humble and teachable heart.
May I be depending upon God to help me share the Word.

No comments: