Friday, December 28, 2007

History of Oasis


As I was coming back from Thailand, I stumbled across this area in the airport and it's called Oasis. So I couldn't resist taking a picture of the signboard and here it is.


And as the year draws to an end, I must thank God for this tribe, Oasis! Oasis has indeed been a HUGE blessing to me and I'm so thankful for each and everyone in this tribe. The impact that you all have left in my life will be remembered.


The name 'Oasis' came about because personally I like the idea of an Oasis. In fact, even before I became a tribal leader, I was thinking that I wanted the tribe to be called Oasis.

Picture this, you are in a desert, and the sun is shining bright and hot. You are thirsty and tired, your legs are giving way, you are filled with fatigue and you think you are about to die. Then, you saw a pond and you make your way towards it. You go down on your knees, cupped your hands and scoop some water to drink.

You drink up the water and as the water flows down your throat, you feel the cool sensation of water going down your throat and into your stomach. At that moment, you feel refreshed, you feel revived.

This is the reason why Oasis exist, we hope that in times for trouble, trail and pain, we can be there for you. Our tribe verse is Matthew 11:28, 'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.'


This is a brief history of how Oasis was born:

Alex wanted to join and he's part of us.
Benjamin wanted to join too, maybe because Jon Muk was in the tribe, but whatever the case, he has become a vital part of Oasis.
Charmaine made the decision to join after much thought and the blessings that she has brought was tremendous.
Jiawen asked to join and so we welcomed her.
Jiaxin decided to join during one particular vibe and thus she's in.
Jon Muk smsed me one day asking whether he could be in, and of course, he's part of this family.
Joy came with Charmaine and she has brought much joy and laughter to Oasis.
Melody was asked if she wanted to be an assistant tribal leader and she said yes.
Patricia requested to join and I'm so thankful for seeing her grow in the Lord.
Sihan was deciding between two tribes and Oasis was her decision and she has been a great encouragement to Oasis.
Sili probably followed Sihan but after a while, she left. But no matter what, once part of Oasis, always part of Oasis.
Siling maybe followed Sihan and even though she's not regular, but we really appreciate her presence.
Xiuying decided on Oasis before she left for Australia and even though we may not have communicated with her alot, but now that she's back, she has fit in quite well.
Yvonne is Melody's friend and joined Oasis, and I'm thankful for a dear sister like her in Oasis.


The year 2008 is coming soon and Oasis will probably cease to exist, but no matter what, the memories are here to stay. You guys will always have a special place in my heart. It's going to be sad, but I wish you all the best in the upcoming year and continue to stay so near to the Lord in everything.

Remember that Oasis will always be here for you! We're ONE tribe, ONE family and we share ONE bond and we love each other with ONE love and we worship ONE GOD!

Thank you all for making Oasis such a BIG BIG blessing to me!! 2007 is memorable because of Oasis. Thank God for all of you!

Shall we meet up as a tribe every year from 2008 onwards? Like alumni meeting. Haha. what say you? :)

No comments: