Sunday, December 23, 2007

Thailand Day 5


Last day in Thailand. I'll be flying off in seven hours time. Well, this trip has been fruitful as I managed to spend time with my family. There are ups and downs, but I'm glad it ended well. The food is good, the stuff are good, the people are friendly. Overall, it has been a pleasant trip.

Let me begin my thanksgiving now. Firstly, I thank God for my family, without whom I would not exist. Thank God for my father. He has been instrumental in my growth and maturity. Though he may be unsaved, but I still thank God for placing my father in my life and I believe by faith that one day he will be saved. It has been great exchanging thoughts and ideas with him and getting to know more about him and his thinking. In spite of a tough exterior, he has a gentle heart and it's just nice to see him being gentle and loving. Thank God for him being such an awesome dad!


Thank God for my mother. Thank God for her bearing me for nine months, for working hard, for taking care of me, for looking after me. Thank God for the life lessons that she taught me, for the things that she imparted to me. Thank God for how she has almost always given me what I wanted, for guiding and providing for me. I have learnt many things as I watch her, listen to her and learnt from her. Thank God for a wonderful mum!

Thank God for my sister. She has indeed been a superb blessing to me, in my life. This trip has been good, as I managed to grow closer to her, at least to me. Haha. But then, being able to go through life together, spending time together each day, talking, laughing, being stupid. Going through highs and lows, fights and quarrels, talking and understanding is part of being siblings. Thank God for her salvation, for using her in different ways. Thank God for a lovely sister.


My prayer requests for the three of them...
1. That my dad will be saved.
2. That my mum will continue to grow in the Lord and be the lady, mother, wife that God wants her to be.
3. That my sister will keep on drawing close to Him and continue to be a blessing to those around her and to be a lady that fears the Lord.

No comments: